do silencers make a difference

reedbradshaw

well do they :lol: i have one on my falcon :lol:

My brother shoots HFT witha a moderator on his mk111 i shoot an X2r with an mfc and the little t*** beats me everytime !!!!!. Out to 45yds it makes very little difference take it off and you will scare everything witin 45 miles with a pcp :lol:

Hello, well from what ive heard that from the tip of the pellet once in the barrel to the end of the barrel when fired, friction is built up as the pellet travels down the barrel its pushing air out, due to the small pop you get with spring powered as for pcp a larger air volume is coming from behind too causing larger pop all silencers do is muffles the crack and the baffles to break down the air compression build up before and then after causing a quieter discharge, if too much air compression is built up in the silencer then it causes back compression that might cause small power lose as for that its not enough to effect the pellet.

From what I've read on the subject they may just drop it a fraction, but it's so little it's not worth even thinking about. I have one on my S200, and I think any hunter with a pre charged should. They make such a difference to the muzzle noise :good:

that about sums it up. :good:

yes they do have an effect on the velocity but its not worth bothering about. your talking about 10/15 fps