update on my outing

ditchman

Well...me and my mate got down to our area, and deceided to setup where i had seen the birds dropping into the barley this morning.......saw a few birds about, but as i was short of a flapper bird we didnt have any luck bar one that came in to the shells on sticks, that one i shot with the auto using 1/2 choke at 12 yds max...FUBAR !..so couldnt use it on the flapper.

still it was a good couple of hours out, as we could really start to see how the shooting might develop now on.....Motty was right in his posts saying he was expecting good results, cause in the 2 hours we were there , we had not seen so many birds for 3-4 years, they were on old flightlines and not just the odd bird now and again but 4-5 at a time on 5 different flightlines, including a very busy area on my regular set up area,

We used this session and just watched....every thing seems coming back to normal but better.

The crop of the one bird that secumbed to the charms of the Beretta was stuffed with milky barley....we packed up at 6.30 as we were both very cold mid june ! huh.........i at last will expect some good days

ditch