Colouring a stock

NickB65

I have a spare stock which I am cleaning up and I was wondering what colour to stain it and then I had an idea...... could I colour it in a cammo pattern and if so how would I colour die to get the green effect? Could I put food die in true oil and stain the wood that way? Do i get normal wood die from a DIY shop and stain it that way?

All advice is welcome. this stock is a project to skill me up before I take on the stock which is on my gun.

The gun is a CZ 452.

Wow thats a fair old ask mate.

As Wraivi has rightly said if you want camo duracoat will be the way.

But if you want to show wood grain slightly, only other way I can think is to get the colours you want in tins not aerosols and thin them right down and paint that way. BE WARNED though the extra thinners prob wont do the wood much good mate. Ive sprayed all sorts including wooden benches and had to be very careful.

I think you may be asking a bit much bud. Unless anyone else has an idea of course mate. ...

I stained an airgun stock blue once with water based stain..you can get the grain to pop quite well with it though i ended up stripping it right back. Liberon water based stains, then you will have to mix your own camo colors up then paint them in in whatever style you like. While its definately possible, i never see it looking good, just my opinion based on the stock i did blue. Let us know how you get on.