Tracer Max Pro

Goodsy

Hello all !

I'm new to this forum and would like, to call on your Experienced selves for a couple of questions i have.

1) I'm about to go lamping for the first time, and thinking about buying a scope mounted Deben Tracer Max Pro for my .22 rimfire.

If anyone has one of these, your views would be much appreciated ?

2) What's the best technique for using a lamp, when lamping for bunnies?

Got to say, great forum. Look forward to some of your replies if you can spare the time!

Regs

Goodsy

I shoot on foot by walking to the places I know the bunnies feed on. I make a large ark around the bunnies to get into a safe shot position, then scan the area with a breef sweep of the lamp (with red filter). if I spot a bunny I then bring the gun op to the eye, flick on lamp shoot bunnies in field of view. lamp then goes off and I use a head mounted lamp (must get a red filter for that) for the retrieve. then walk on scan with lamp etc.

If I am out for foxes with the 223 I use the same technique, but stand in one place and call.

Keep the lamp off, it makes the batteries last all night and the bunnies will keep comming.

I own the Tracer Mini pro lamp and I also use it on a .22 rimmy for lamping rabbits, I would say that the mini is better for your needs as the sort of range you will be shooting at, the big bright light of the max will scare the bunnies off if at full brightness, also the Max is a bit big and bulky.

This is only my opinion but the mini pro has served me well.

Mark.

Good question Goodsy. I'm in the same boat as yourself and am getting a lamp for my new rimmy. As i shoot mainly alone i am keen for a scope mounted lamp and am stuck between the deben tracer mini Pro and the Tracer Max pro.

My only worry is cost and size of the Max Pro.

Let me know what you buy.

Cakie

Lamp with a shotty ? I cant see the point when you can shoot rabbits side by side with a good rimmy or air rifle set up, one bang from a shotty will clear the hedgerows for 20 mins easy,some people do it however.I use a deben tracer max blue eyed beam on my Fac Rapid or my Cz style when after rabbits at night,you should pay more attention to wind and the way you walk when out at night,goin solo on foot is the most rewarding.I keep the lamp turned down low so as not to blind the rabbits,the model of lamp i use is old and it casts a polo mint halo around the rabbit aswell so that the centre is duller.Distances at night look a lot different so I suggest you set up some sticks with reflective tape or broken regy plates as practise targets.If you want a good laugh stick some tape on a large cuddly toy and take your mate out fox shooting or whatever the next night, I had a mate that fell for a fox that we had planted 10 foot up in a tree,three shots he put in the ******.

Wanna see my set up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,drool

ClanChief-CZ452-1.jpg

clanchief