Definitely nearly here!

strangford  wildfowler

The new season cannot come quickly enough, as I was out with the dog this evening, well im only back in 15 minutes anyway back to the point I was about to make I watched an amazing flight line with a steady stream of mallard must of seen the guts of 40-50 mallard and there just the ones I could see all heading to stubbles I can shoot and on my way home round an old road I heard the wing beats of mallard above me and when I looked up there was another three but as I turned round into the wind to loom at them I heard my favourite call the call of the greylag goose an as I squinted to see them.there must have been at least 300 of them all heading to roost on one of the islands out on the lough.

So excited now only one week to the start of the season and some very promising sign I will keep watching this line and see if it lasts.

And the dog was getting real excited when he heard the wings of the ducks that where flying over heard.

Anyway rant over.

All the best SW