First night at the ducks

ollie

Normally I don't like to start shooting the flight pond this early, however, my wife is due to give birth any day so I might not get out for a while and the ducks have been clearing the feeding so there is quite a lot coming.

Anyway it wasn't the best night for ducks, full moon and really still evening, but it made for some lovely scenery around the pond:

B6A58A7C-64D6-48DE-8007-CBCC81AD7383_zps

D4E178CC-5416-4035-802C-41ABB60A706D_zps

I decided to take my older spaniel dawn out. She tore her cruciate ligament in her back leg in May 2013. After getting it operated on and staying in the house since she hasn't been out shooting since the end of January 2013. I got her checked at the vet and she said she would be fine for short trips out in the field:

00D09F27-072C-4D3F-986A-12328EE039B4_zps

Had a very enjoyable evening with my mate. We had to use a lot of restraint as some of the ducks weren't sporting shots. But we ended up with 4 mallard, 2 each. Below is a pic of my mate & his spaniel and my spaniel dawn with the bag:

EEBD3D0D-D78C-4DA1-97C3-EB296C3AE362_zps

5CC1A19A-14CB-4954-9727-9561BE68C978_zps

Dawn had a great time including a 30 yard water retrieve.