Magazine extension tube

Sco77w

I'm after a magazine extension tube to add at least 6 to the capacity of my new (to me) shotgun. The gun is a Remington 870 but I believe there are others that fit. I'll also consider part or complete sets from the new modular Nordic components line.

The fitting or not makes no difference at all

It is only the crimped or uncrimped mag tube that is sort of permanently fixed to the receiver that makes the difference between s1 and s2.

You may fit an extension to a s2 gun. It is still a s2 gun.

Neil you should know better

Luv

Geoff

That's confused me! So you can fit an extention to a s2 gun and it remains an s2 gun even though you have increased its shot capacity to that of an s1? But if you remove the s2 tube completely and replace it (rather than extending the current tube) you then have an s1?

Or am I still confused ?

That can't be right regarding the crimped tube, I've owned two hatsan semi's neither had a crimped tube, just a migratory plug that drops in the end of the mag tube to restrict it. Both we're bought new and both on a shotgun cert. if your saying it's down to having a crimped tube both of mine were surely sold illegally.

That can't be right regarding the crimped tube, I've owned two hatsan semi's neither had a crimped tube, just a migratory plug that drops in the end of the mag tube to restrict it. Both we're bought new and both on a shotgun cert. if your saying it's down to having a crimped tube both of mine were surely sold illegally.

Certainly sounds like it. If you still have them I would have them looked at. You could end up looking at a stretch inside for having an illegal firearm.

Just to put peoples minds at rest I am a FAC holder with slots for 2 section 1 shotguns on it.

Shot some slug through them both yesterday and surprised myself how I could get them on target at 25 and 50m with just a bead. A 1oz slug is a devastating round and I can see why they don't grant permission for it willi-nilly.

I'll probably set the pump up as a slug gun with a rail and a red dot.

The fitting or not makes no difference at all

It is only the crimped or uncrimped mag tube that is sort of permanently fixed to the receiver that makes the difference between s1 and s2.

You may fit an extension to a s2 gun. It is still a s2 gun.

Neil you should know better

Luv

Geoff

Hi Geoff

Yes as my old mate points out I should have been a bit clearer, an extension fitted to a gun that remains restricted by some physical means like a crimp means no law is broken.

N