go pro settings

tinkertaylor

If you have the one that can vary lens size you have to use the narrow view or it's shooting at nothing visible on camera, I use 720 resolution as it extends the battery life and amount you can record over 1080

Duffryn's your man for this, seek him out in the user list or by one of his many videos...

Or sometimes if you speak his name three times in a mirror he will appear...

If you are mounting the camera on your head using the head strap I'd use 1080 / 25 fps and narrow FOV. The narrow FOV shows the birds at as near a true distance as possible. If you are thinking of using slow motion in your video then increase the fps. Hope this helps.

cheers chaps will be mounted on head did have it set up at 720 with wide angle but everything I shot at looked a like a dot will change it to 1080 but how do I change the fov to narrow just says w on screen ty lee

Everything will still pretty much look like a dot anyway. Why not lay the GoPro on it's back in the pattern and have a remote record set up on a wide shot.

Where you change the FPS settings you can change it from Wide/Medium/Narrow

still cant find fov settings gone into fps nothing gone into spanner icon nothing think I must have the 1 u cant change hero 3 silver? ???

Are you sure you have got it set to 1080 resolution ? I think N FOV may only be available on this resolution. You can definately select N FOV on the Go Pro 3 silver http://gopro.com/product-comparison-hero3-cameras

In my hero 3 black (ex Duffryn cam) Go to the spanner in the menu then the 1st option in the menu is a screen with 4 arrows pointing outwards. enter that menu and you can select resolution 720 1080 etc the frame rate 30 48 and so on and FOV wide medium or narrow. I can only assume the silver is the same.