More private shoots?

ProGunJohn

Hey guys, I do enjoy a good clay shoot but only been to a couple places. I was wondering if anyone knows of any clay shoots in the County Durham or Tyne and Wear areas where ya get to clay shoot but have more privacy, as in just you and couple of friends or a clay shoot where everyone shoots at the same time and gets their own little booth type thing, something like that, let me know :)

Cos it can be bit annoying keep been given pointers at times, ya just want to be out there to bust some clays with the 12 bore.

Assume your shooting sporting? Strawbale clubs?

Go midweek most are quiet, on Friday I had a whole prem+. ground to myself for an hour then 2 chaps turned up while I was half way through my 100

Have you tried shooting trap or skeet? Might be ideal solution for you.

Bywell might be a touch far but worth the effort by all accounts especially if you shoot trap or want to try,

There are 8 CPSA listed grounds in Durham so should find something suitable

Video is a bit dry but gives you an idea

Edited by HDAV

Easy tell them to **** off.

Thimbleby has clay-mate so you can shoot alone.

Times inn gun club at Dalton Le-Dale is a nice friendly club where you go round sqauded with others, not just your mates,great bunch of lads.

Oaklodge at Hartlepool my local ground is very good and friendly and if you and a bunch of mates want to go round the ten stands of sporting as a sqaud you can, you can shoot DTL or sportrap as a team of five.

A few from Peterlee already shoot at Oaklodge and one of the owners is from Peterlee, never know you may know them.

Figgy

Edited by figgy

Hey guys, I do enjoy a good clay shoot but only been to a couple places. I was wondering if anyone knows of any clay shoots in the County Durham or Tyne and Wear areas where ya get to clay shoot but have more privacy, as in just you and couple of friends or a clay shoot where everyone shoots at the same time and gets their own little booth type thing, something like that, let me know :)

Cos it can be bit annoying keep been given pointers at times, ya just want to be out there to bust some clays with the 12 bore.

Marne Clay Shoot at Catterick is an informal Club that shoots every other Sunday and also every Wednesday afternoon. The Wednesdays are nice and relaxed where you can shoot as many or little amount of targets as you fancy and it is reasonably priced.

More info on the website where you can e-mail me for any questions you may have.

www.marneclayshoot.co.uk