replacing barrel?

Paul in North Lincs.

Mk 2 BAS lightenning....................forgot I had one in the wardrobe that had an accident when a friend fulled the trigger whilst the gun was cocked................no anti bear trap = one slightly bent barrel. The bend isn't noticable to the eye, but trying to zero the gun is fultile....it fires al over the place.....

Does anyone know what it would cost for a new barrel??? and is it an easy job to replace??

Mk 2 BAS lightenning Does anyone know what it would cost for a new barrel??? and is it an easy job to replace??

10 minute job to replace it, £55ish for a new barrel from BSA, £25ish for 2nd hand, though IME, the 2nd hand ones are nealry all bent slightly - I put up a wanted ad for one a few months back, stressing it must be straight, someone came back to me, and said they had one that was 'only' 2mm out of true. I passed on his offer.

Be aware that most of the BSA break barrel barrels are the same, so are nearly always a straight swap.

Alan.