few groups with 223

conor

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o4/cono...norspics033.jpg

hello, out for a zero this eve with 223 got ammo last nite, american eagle only one box left tho :welcomeani: im dyin with the flu so i have an excuse for pulling the two shots! first group is on the right, nice till i pulled the third shot! second is on the left not great 1" at 100yds. third i changed scope an inch right and on the same aim point i done the business and got a nice half incher. fourth i moved back to 200yds and on same aim point got 1" and pulled shot number two :good: fifth group i adjusted scope and went for center target got nice 3/4" group and decided to go home while the goin was good and i had a few rounds left for a fox!

thanks ive, actually very happy with it now, just have to figure out how im shootin better at 200yds than 100yds! the ammo is all the difference, ten euro a box american eagles are doin the trick

Well I'm the same ................I can't remember if your scope is variable but if it is then turn down the Mag .........High mag is not always good and can highlight any shakes or breathing issues which will be fairly obvious at 100 yds but at 200 i can imagine that 3" shoot 'n' c looks fairly small and without thinking the cross air will become steadier . :good:

I think I'm making sense :welcomeani:

yes im lucky that the cheap stuff go ok in it. yes ive its a variable mag nightforce. all groups are shot on lowest mag its a 5.5-22x56, i get flustered and shoot **** if i put it on higher cos i think im all over the place! hope the trend continues for 300yds! :welcomeani:

thanks ive, actually very happy with it now, just have to figure out how im shootin better at 200yds than 100yds! the ammo is all the difference, ten euro a box american eagles are doin the trick

This can sometimes be due to the ammunition not stabilising until it gets past 100yds.

It is a common occurrence with Enfield designs where the action is more flexible than a Mauser action. I used to shoot 300, 500 and 600yds with an old Enfield and the 300 yds was **** whilst the 500 yds was better……the 600 yds was even better still.

This is why Envoy actions used to outshoot the Mauser actions at 1000-1200 yds, because they were unstable at shorter ranges but absolutely brilliant at long-range.

Mauser actions, like your .223, will shoot better over the shorter distances but may still need to go past 100 yds before the bullet fully stabilises and groups better. :good:

G.M.

interesting stuff graham im afraid my 223 wont be goin past 300 yds max. can imagine the satisfaction grouping at 1000yds, reading the wind and all the other stuff that goes along with long range lot of skill involved

Hi Conor how long did you leave between shots and in what order did you shoot .did you notice the gun grouping getting any better as it got warmer? my Winchester .223 model 70 gets better as it warms up but only shoot it over 100 -200 normally .the best it ever shot was with my son over 600yds with hold over he had several red V's made me look bad . I did forget to say my ammo is home made still trying different powders cant get on with some of the factory loads

rgds MD

My CZ is very simmilar to your Remington John with them groups and AE ammo. ;)

Frank.

Frank, I don't own a Remmy :lol:;)

:lol: Ooooopsss. :lol::D I ment conor. :D Sorry John. :lol::lol:

Frank.

No probs :D Is there one for everyone in the audience?! :lol:

:sly::lol: Wouldnt that be great. :lol::lol::D

Frank.