Dimensions for a Browning Maxus 3 Shot adapter

deeksofdoom

Hey Guys,

I need a favour, I'm looking for the dimensions/measurements for the 3 shot adapter for a Browning Maxus.

Reason being is that I bought a second hand Maxus last year and the 3 shot adapter was broken, I've tried the dealers and the net and they are like hens teeth.

Someone on another site has kindly offered to turn one in delrin on a lathe.

Browningmaxus3shotadapter_zpsfeda3506.jp

If anyone here has a a Browning Maxus and has the time would they please be able to take a few measurements for me and stick them up, please.

Browningmaxus3shotadapter_zps7aab29ab.jp

Hi I have a maxus camo 2+1 shot

the adapter you are on about is it the plug in the end of the mag tube , if so how do you get it out to measure it .If I could get mine out I would measure it for you

I thought they where sealed so you could not tamper with them ?

cheers...........paul

Hi I have a maxus camo 2+1 shot

the adapter you are on about is it the plug in the end of the mag tube , if so how do you get it out to measure it .If I could get mine out I would measure it for you

I thought they where sealed so you could not tamper with them ?

cheers...........paul

mines the same, in the manual it shows a 'twist and pull out' plug, mine looks like it has a sealed, non tamper end fitted...............prob for the best :lol:

The plug or adapter in the end of the mag tube

I believe that has something to do with (depends where the maxus came from)

ie usa import where the adapter goes in the mag tube as there isn't the same legislation in the usa as here

Or a Belgium made maxus closed off for the European market

I think that's the quandary behind this different mag tubes or end fitments thingy lol

cheers..........paul

Edited by pmiddy

The plug or adapter in the end of the mag tube

I believe that has something to do with (depends where the maxus came from)

ie usa import where the adapter goes in the mag tube as there isn't the same legislation in the usa as here

That would then be section 1 FAC shotgun, the plug is removable for US migratory bird legislation for UK section 2 use I didn't think the plug was acceptable and the tube needed to be crimped but i am no expert on semi's

So are the Browning Maxus sold in the UK slightly different to the ones here in Ireland

In that it is mot possible to remove the 3 shot adapter.

Possibly, here we have section 2 and section 1 shotguns section 2 are restricted to 2 in magazine. Section 1 can have any size mag.

As a follow up and due to the fact I have not dis assembled the Maxus beyond the normal cleaning can you describe how your works.

As in, the gain access to the plug do you unscrew the frontmost part of the mag tube as I seem to remeber a slotted black end?

Edit....

Just looked at youtube and need you to confirm you either have the European style forend mag plug or the American style where you use a household key inserted and with a simple twist the mag restrictor plug pops out....

There is an obv diff as Euro one is a simple screw driver slot and the USA one is fancy smansy looking.

A photo of yours would be a major help

Jay

Edited by Jaymo

I bought a new maxus recently, the first evening I stripped and cleaned it and was surprised to find the magazine plug comes out if you just turn it 45 degrees with any old key. The result with it removed was it will allow 1 in the chamber and another 3 in the magazine, making it a 4 shot (using 70mm carts)

Needless to say I have replaced the plug and will not remove it again.