Having a go at building homemade gen3 nv.

bikemad24

a few months ago i acquired a similar tube thats fitted into a military scope and didnt know what to do with it, so after a bit of re search i had a body for it 3d printed, its very compact and had it made with a cs lens thread so i can put different cheap lenses on it. So far it surpassed all exceptions here's a pick of it (top) next to my archer.

PeterH_zpsca43fb02.jpg

here a pick with spotting lens, 75mm cannon zoom lens.

PeterH2_zps91ee164d.jpg

The reason is i can get cheap and expensive lenses with this mount system but i didnt want to waste money if the build turned out rubbish. iv now picked up a couple of second hand quality lenses. the cannon is very good i can spot foxes very very far with it and the zoom feature of it makes identifying charlie easy.

Why not just get it put in your archer? Let's face it in this case it's a bargain as the expensive bit was free

For 2 reasons that would have been to easy and starlight wanted £800 to do this for me, So i had one 3d printed, its smaller so it fits in my pocket for spotting and if any part breaks i can just get it re printed. even the threads are printed.