Goose decoys

Evening all, after gaining my first permission a few weeks ago I'm finally getting out on it in the next few days. I've been asked to have a go at 250/300 geese. I'm now looking at some decoys after seeing some in my local shop a few days ago. He wanted £80 for 4 which he said was reduced from £130 because he's struggling to get rid due to their size. I'm pretty sure there full bodied but I've seen some on eBay much cheaper about£40/60 for 4/6 decoys some are foam, some are half bodied.

As I'm completely new to geese decoying has anyone any advice as to what works best, half bodied/full bodied or foam. How many I should put out or any other advice. Thanks 425

I'd go check them out first before spending large amounts on decoys that may not be needed, when I was asked to remove some, they were so used to tractors being driven around didn't bother them, so at the time, two semi autos with 3 shots each, was getting an average of 8 per trip

If you can identify where the geese are coming from, it may be possible to flight the geese without the need for decoys. This is much more fun than decoying them, also.

Saying that, if it's a pure pest control exercise, decoys would probably get the best results for you. Geese will often (if they haven't been shot at recently) circle the decoys after being shot at, offering multiple chances.