Mcnab 20 bore

winnie&bezza

I have one of them , had mine just over a year now and love it , so I did a internet search out of interest and found these -http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/reviews/shotgun/macnab-highlander-shotgun-review

More information
From John Macnab Ltd., Unit 6, Cropper Row, Haigh Industrial Estate, Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire. Tel: 01989-763859.

Read more at http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/reviews/shotgun/macnab-highlander-shotgun-review#Hj2jp1CCqUZFHL02.99

Cheers wizard. Would you say that's a fair price? It was up for £1075 but he knocked it straight down to £895!

sounds about right , mine was cased with handbook and I paid £850 , I have shot about 300 - 400 shells through it so far , its 3" chambered but

I have not tried any 3" shells due to its weight I stick to 70mm max and lighter loads , no point trying to make it shoot 12 gauge loads but its matter of personal choice I suppose , I have a 20 gauge P/A that I bought about 15-20 years ago and used it for rough shooting on the farm and found it an equal to my 12,s but wanted a gun I could use all round including clays .

As long as it has Fleur de Llys proof marks and appropriate chokes fitted then yes you can use HP steel shells.

The problem is there are very few HP steel cartridges available. As far as I know, none of the UK cartridge manufacturers make them, just the standard steel