Diving Gear

Sha Bu Le

Hi All and a Very Happy New Year

Any Scuba divers on here? I have some diving gear to sell on behalf of my sister. Its around 4 years old and has only been used twice. It belonged to her husband who sadly died suddenly, it has been in storage for the last 3/4 years. so would probably need a service but I am not a diver so wouldn't know how to tell.

If we have any divers on PW I will put it as a bundle on the 'other items for sale' topic with pics.

It comprises (briefly)

A Cressi AquaPro5 BCD jacket size medium, it has all sorts of bits attached to it and enough straps and belts to tie up an elephant. Also attached is a divers knife and a safety pack, in one of the pockets is a one time use oxygen (?)mask and a couple of bags for samples sea shells etc.

An Aqua-Lung France wet suit 5.5mm neoprene and has never been worn, again size is medium, guess it would fit someone 5'7" - 5'9"

A Mares 4 way regulator valve with two demand valves/mouth pieces, one unused outlet which I would guess supplies the BCD. mouth pieces are a Mares Proton and a Mares Rebel

Manuals for the regulators and mouth pieces and a 'Rescue Dive' manual.

A Mares instrument console incorporating compass, depth gauge and air supply gauge again guessing it attaches to the main regulator.

Cressi fins small to medium (adjustable straps) a little scuffed...not much.

Various bits and bobs, divers spanners, a 'Swiss Army knife' type tool kit spanners, screwdrivers etc in it, neoprene slipper type boots (never been worn)

And a giant Tupperware type box to put it all in.

I have trawled the inter web and arrived at a price for the bundle in the region of £500+

If we have any divers among our ranks your opinions would be most welcome.

Thanks fellas

Cheers Bri

As you wont have access to the sales section of BSAC your best bet would be to put the items on eBay individually, the gear you list is not top of the market but its not bad either,do a little research on the same items on eBay to determine the price you should realistically achieve, the same items WILL be there as there is always a large availability of "used once diving gear" thanks to BSACs stupid have all the gear from the start policy.

KW

My post has been moved from 'Off topic' to this section, as I am not ready to advertise the stuff yet; must apologise for the actions of the forum mods (presumably). A sound out in off topic is nowhere near a ready to post in the sales section.

Anyhoos thanks for the replies fellas....much appreciated.

My post has been moved from 'Off topic' to this section, as I am not ready to advertise the stuff yet; must apologise for the actions of the forum mods (presumably). A sound out in off topic is nowhere near a ready to post in the sales section.

Anyhoos thanks for the replies fellas....much appreciated.

It was myself that moved it,

You said you had some diving gear to sell, and named a price.

What was I supposed to think you were doing with it?

:shaun: