Disco insurance write off unsure whether to buy it back ?

Dbw1shrops

Ultimately if you can repair then buy back if not let them have it. The car will be worth less with the marker they leave on it and you are taking a gamble you can put it back on the road cheaply. It's not like there is a shortage of straight vehicles to choose from

http://www.brookwell.co.uk/products/DISCOVERY_2/all/TD5/Body_Parts/Front_Bumper/Bumper_End_Cap

http://britishparts.co.uk/t/land-rover/discovery-series-2/body-fittings

or its a ideal time to treat your self to that winch bumper and winch and tell her in doors it was a cheaper fix than buying the original lol

Edited by fruitloop

Ultimately if you can repair then buy back if not let them have it. The car will be worth less with the marker they leave on it and you are taking a gamble you can put it back on the road cheaply. It's not like there is a shortage of straight vehicles to choose from

that's tru but it will not knock much off the price but you will have been paid out for that. lets say to replace it cost £6000 he gets paid out £4000 =-£2000

or the car worth £6000 he gets paid out £4000 he buys it back for $900 spends £500 on it but after repairs it will be worthy the £4000he was paid out so will be up by £2600 .

Edited by fruitloop

Hi

I have a bodyshop and most of my customers are trade who buy and sell damaged cars for a living.

Sometimes it makes you wonder why the engineers write cars off when they have minimal cosmetic damage.

I would buy the car, use second hand parts and get it repaired by a decent bodyshop-it's a win win situation.

My mrs got smacked in the rear and they wrote it off saying 4k to repair it, it's a 59 plate 207 with 20k full history etc we paid 1500 to buy it back and cost me 500 quid through a friend to repair no where near the money they wanted, I did get the parts from work at a discount but still I think they just say x because it's easier for them