Hug San Semi Auto Shotgun

gwm77gwm

Can anyone help. I have seen a Hug San semi auto with multi choke for sale which I am considering, but think the asking price may be on the high side at £450 with 1 choke. I also don't know too much about them. The one thing going for it is the striking wooden stock it has and overal A1 condition. I believe the company was based and manufactured in Huglu Turkey up until 2000 and may now be either no longer producing or maybe part of another company still producing in Huglu. If they stopped manufacturing completely in 2000 clearly the gun is at least 14 years old and spares may be a concern. I have heard they were imported by Edgar Brothers as a more expensive shotgun from that area. Does anyone know if these shotguns are gas operated, what the recoil is like and what the weight is approx. Many thanks in advance for any assistance you can give.

I bought a mint one at auction for £90 with one one choke! I now have 4 chokes as the Mobil chokes fit mine! I know what you mean about the wood though! For £400 you can get a beretta semi auto! I think a ceiling price should be more £295. BTW, I heard that some beretta parts are compatible? Not verified yet but interesting!

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/190178-hug-san-190-b-magnum-12-gauge/

Thanks Lord Geordie & poorpeet for both your inputs. It is a bit pricy. On its side though is the incredible woodwork. With regards to alternative guns, I was looking at the Armsan a612 Sporter.

I've now been told it's a inertia on the Hug San and not gas operated, so I'm wary of buying it as I'm looking for a gas operated as I have a permanent respiratory issue and need the gun to be light weight and very low recoil. Maybe Lord Gordie can confirm how severe the recoil is and how light it is.

Thanks Lord George, I'm presently in the process of checking out the model that's for sale to get a definite on it regarding recoil. With regards to the wood, I would prefer it was natural, but if it's enhanced by cleaver staining and it looks natural, I don't think it would bother me as much as the wood wrap / laminate that appears to be present on some natural wood looking expensive Baretta semi autos.