Try before you buy in Norfolk/Suffolk area?

Greg.L

Hi Guys,

Im currently in the market for a new (to me at least) gun. Currently thinking of either silver pigeon or browning 525 however i don't want to rush the decision and buy something that isn't right for me which i feel i may have done with my current (first) gun.

Just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere in the Norfolk/suffolk area that either has demo guns or will let you try before you buy as such either at their ground or let you take it away (understand this would only be on second hand guns with deposits paid etc).

Thanks in advance.

Greg.

Hi Mark,

Thats a very generous offer thank you!

What model is your 12g? It would more than likely be the 28" game version id be after.

I usually shoot at high lodge but happy to go anywhere. Although id need to arrange some time off work to meet mid week.

Hi Greg

All my current guns are SP 1's Game versions with 30 inch barrels. The 28 bore and .410 are on a 28 bore action.

Used to have a Teague'd EELL in 20 bore with 30 inch, very pretty gun but sold it as never used it after I bought my first 28 bore with 30 inch. Guns are to shoot not look at admiringly.

I've also had a 686s in 20 bore with 30 inch, a SP1 28 bore ( on 20 bore action) with 30 inch and never had a single issue with any of them. My brother has an older 12 bore SP1 28 inch and a newer 12 bore SP 1 with 30 inch. Again, he's never had an issue with either of his. The SP1 is a very reliable and good value gun with low depreciation value.

All of my (and my brother's) guns were purchased brand new.

Sorry but can only do midweek as I'm busy every weekend.

High lodge is fine for me.

PM me if that's any good for you.

Using a demo gun at a ground is all well and good but that may not be the gun you actually buy . Take any 3 guns of the same make and model and one will almost feel better than the others , all it will do will help you decide which gun to buy . When you have then bought one , its down to you to learn to shoot it .

Thanks for your input guys.

While i still class myself as new to shooting i have been shooting for a couple years and had several lessons when i started as this was the way i got into it in the first place. I think i just got a bit carried away with what i was being told would be a good gun (barrel length, sporter, fit etc) when i bought mine instead of how it felt and while it fits me fairly well and i can hit a reasonable amount with it when I'm shooting well i don't think the balance or barrel length is quite right for me which is something i wasn't aware of until i tried a friends gun and couldn't miss with it and it just felt right/natural. Im not saying his gun is necessarily the right gun for me either but it has inspired me to have a look around, try a few and see what feels good now i have more experience than i did when i bought mine.