Worth a Punt?

timmy1146

You could safely have a look at the cleaners, incl. a copper solvent, on the HPS Target rifles website. HPS is a good firm and totally serious about expensive target rifles and their shooting. I would have confidence in them. Indeed, I am about to buy some lead solvent from them for my .22 target rifles, though I have not used it previously.

If there isnt a materials safety data sheet available he shouldnt be selling it in the UK (or EU)

If you dont know whats in it how can you assess if its even safe to have it in the house (or garage)

Sounds like some bulk solvent and a creative way ro sell iot to make some dosh - wouldnt let it near my firearms till I knew what it was

If there isnt a materials safety data sheet available he shouldnt be selling it in the UK (or EU)

If you dont know whats in it how can you assess if its even safe to have it in the house (or garage)

Sounds like some bulk solvent and a creative way ro sell iot to make some dosh - wouldnt let it near my firearms till I knew what it was

I would use this as a reason to report it to Ebay as a pottentially dangerous matterial...

Thanks for the advise people. Decided to leave it in the end.

Speaking of dodgy dealings, I came across this "C2R Copper Remover" that it apparently made in the UK by some Rifle Champion. I couldn't find any material data sheets or even any proof that the company that is on the bottle is even registered with company's house. What's going on with that?

forget the guys name now but c2r is good stuff for cleaning copper,so good it eats your jag.i have a bottle after guys shooting f class recomended it,the guy that makes it has something to do with the shooting shed i think (top bloke) however i tend to use shooters choice or butches bore shine day to day with a bronze brush :good: