pigeons into the wind

giant_crab

Saw lots of pigeons feeding on a strip of land that I have permission for but rarely shoot as its a bit out of the way .

Set up with trees at my back wind coming from behind me and decoys out in front ( no magnet, used one of the 3 bird carousels for a bit of movement).

Now the odd bit. Brds would come from behind fly well past the pattern as if not interested only to circle way off and fly in low , very very low back into the decoys maybe only 1.5 m off the ground the whole approach , made for the easiest shoot I have ever had but do not understand why. Has anyone else had this before

It was pretty windy but not gale force with light rain

Saw lots of pigeons feeding on a strip of land that I have permission for but rarely shoot as its a bit out of the way .

Set up with trees at my back wind coming from behind me and decoys out in front ( no magnet, used one of the 3 bird carousels for a bit of movement).

Now the odd bit. Brds would come from behind fly well past the pattern as if not interested only to circle way off and fly in low , very very low back into the decoys maybe only 1.5 m off the ground the whole approach , made for the easiest shoot I have ever had but do not understand why. Has anyone else had this before

It was pretty windy but not gale force with light rain

Yes, as its fairly windy the birds tend to curl round fast and low when decoying in that kind of wind. Edited by Jack9494