Looking for a little help

cassius

Hi All, Firstly i'd like to say what a great forum and full of lot's of great info and helpful people.

I've been shooting for almost 3 years now and over the last 2 have really taken to decoying, I have around 200 acres to shoot over but the trouble is I'm on a friends grandparents land and are only able to go once a blue moon when he's not busy and accompanied. I've done the knocking on doors bit, sent letters and e-mailed but it seems almost impossible to find some land here in kent, everywhere is aready taken by syndicates or well established guns. I'm keen to learn the technique of decoying from an experienced gun and wondered if anyone in this forum would like to take me under their wing (excuse the pun) and take me out on a few days decoying and help me in my search for land. I would ofcourse be more than happy to share my available land once I do get permission. I'm obviously fully insured, sensible and more than happy to travel. Thanks for reading

do a search, loads of info there to be had.

then start again.

Not sure what you mean by start again?

you've come to the right place mate.......................theres more relevant info on this site than my mutts got fleas

Thanks Paul, will!

markbivvy is trying to say that everybody (including myself) has asked for people to share their land with a complete stranger for their first post.

If you think about it, not many people would arrange to meet an armed stranger.

I know of a few places that you can hire land for the day. This might be a better start for you.

First of all there is "Pete's Farm" in Chelmsford - This is £10 a day for air rifles only!

Secondly there is 4 plots of land scattered around the M25 (I can only remember the plot at Junction 6) - This is £30 - £40 per day and you can use air rifles and shotguns.

If this is any help to you PM me and i will send on you're details.

markbivvy is trying to say that everybody (including myself) has asked for people to share their land with a complete stranger for their first post.

If you think about it, not many people would arrange to meet an armed stranger.

I know of a few places that you can hire land for the day. This might be a better start for you.

First of all there is "Pete's Farm" in Chelmsford - This is £10 a day for air rifles only!

Secondly there is 4 plots of land scattered around the M25 (I can only remember the plot at Junction 6) - This is £30 - £40 per day and you can use air rifles and shotguns.

If this is any help to you PM me and i will send on you're details.

Point taken friednewt! got to start somewhere though.............I shall PM you now for details on this place at Junction 6. Thanks for taking the time to reply

Hi All, Firstly i'd like to say what a great forum and full of lot's of great info and helpful people.

I've been shooting for almost 3 years now and over the last 2 have really taken to decoying, I have around 200 acres to shoot over but the trouble is I'm on a friends grandparents land and are only able to go once a blue moon when he's not busy and accompanied. I've done the knocking on doors bit, sent letters and e-mailed but it seems almost impossible to find some land here in kent, everywhere is aready taken by syndicates or well established guns. I'm keen to learn the technique of decoying from an experienced gun and wondered if anyone in this forum would like to take me under their wing (excuse the pun) and take me out on a few days decoying and help me in my search for land. I would ofcourse be more than happy to share my available land once I do get permission. I'm obviously fully insured, sensible and more than happy to travel. Thanks for reading

Where in Kent are you?

:good: D2D

PS To my last post asking where in Kent you where, it would be helpful to your cause if you filled out your profile fully, age especially....... as pointed out not many would agree to taking out a complete stranger with a gun.

You may have to take things slowly until you build a rapport with someone, but I am sure you will have some success on this forum, we all think along the same lines. :good:

PS To my last post asking where in Kent you where, it would be helpful to your cause if you filled out your profile fully, age especially....... as pointed out not many would agree to taking out a complete stranger with a gun.

You may have to take things slowly until you build a rapport with someone, but I am sure you will have some success on this forum, we all think along the same lines. :good:

I'm in the Tenterden/Tunbrige wells/Ashford area but more than willing to travel further a field. I shall fill out a profile as you suggested. many thanks

You may have to take things slowly until you build a rapport with someone, but I am sure you will have some success on this forum, we all think along the same lines. :)

:lol: D2D

I'm in the Tenterden/Tunbrige wells/Ashford area but more than willing to travel further a field. I shall fill out a profile as you suggested. many thanks

PM me with your exact location and some background re experience, I am not too far away and may be able to take you out for a day. :P

:/ D2D

You may have to take things slowly until you build a rapport with someone, but I am sure you will have some success on this forum, we all think along the same lines. :lol:

<_< D2D

PM me with your exact location and some background re experience, I am not too far away and may be able to take you out for a day. :lol:

:lol: D2D

Will do D2D, Many Thanks