question for electricians re diy nv

colin lad

was thinking of the aiming side of things, dont know if it will work but was thinking down the lines of one of them cheap £10 air rifle lazer sights should show a bright spot on screen put that in centre of pattern well that's the idea

colin

Get youself a lazer bore sight and tape it to the rib & just put the red dot on your target viewed through the monitor and squeeze the trigger. Edited by Davyo

lol was going to use my bresser that i modified with a screen a while back to attach to my 4x4 and put a bigger screen on dash

colin

Get youself a lazer bore sight and tape it to the rib & just put the red dot on your target viewed through the monitor and squeeze the trigger.

i have one of them air rifle lazer sights with a pressure switch i have never used i was going to use that

colin

We have a 7 inch monitor on the dash & IR spotlight on the roof with 1 12v T20 for close stuff.Takes a bit of getting used to but if you know your land well then it's a bonus.Stick with a 8 mm lens on the E700 as its hard to judge distance with anything else.Beleive me I know,good job those hay bails are not concrete.

it is weird driving of a night in a field just looking at a 7 inch screen, because your looking at a flat screen you don't get any clue as to how far you are from an object,

smacked a few bales also oh and those stupid fence posts, but once you get used to it you can cover some ground,

brilliant if you have a large perm,

I,m on the lookout for a golf buggie now to use on our golf coarse perm, I,ll put a full nv kit on it so we can cover the whole coarse by night, they would not let us use one of theres due to insurance, even offered to pay the insurance but a no go so sod it, golf buggy here we come lol

went out for it's 1st trial and defiantly not disappointed just need to find a better way to secure it to scope that will be next week's job,

with the t 20 on i could see well beyond 150 yards and certainly shoot bunnies at that range with the hmr but when i dropped the firefly on OMG myself and mungolee sat in corner of field watching a fox who would not come to a call wonder up a track it started at about 100 yards then up to about 350 with the occasional look back to see what we were up to then as it ran out into the field we noticed 2 rabbits sat in a small paddock just a bit further on firefly screwed right up tight and sidewinde scope on full mag 12x we could see eyes very clear and see 2 small rabbit shaped animals just sat there,

just got home and googled field to see how far and they were at about 450 meters give or take a few

colin