Laptop advice

dodeer

I am in need of a new laptop for my work.

All I do is make PDFs, store many 1000's of pictures, do many emails, and use everywhere in the world so needs be a sensible size for sitting on the plane etc.

I was thinking maybe a MacBook or similer.

Any suggestions?

I needed one for exactly the same, so I got a MacBook Air 11". It was around 18 months ago, and around the £800 mark. For another couple of hundred you can get the pro, but the air is perfect for fitting in backpacks, and mine is only slightly bulkier than an iPad. I'm not an expect on memory for pictures, but you might want to look at extra memory for pictures, or get an expert opinion. All I know is the air is a lovely little laptop, mega fast, and brilliant for when you're on the move.

If you don't mind the upfront cost then the new 13" MacBook Pro retina display is £999. It is absolutely brilliant and still relatively light.

It has a 128Gb solid state hard disk, there is a 256Gb version at £1199. By far and away best laptops on the market just now in that size with probably the best screen too.

I just ordered one today as it happens.

If lighter weight is the priority then the MacBook Air or the brand new MacBook are better choices, not so powerful in processor power, but very light and excellent battery life.

John Lewis are as cheap as anybody else and currently offering 3 years warranty on all laptops just now.