Norfolk trout fishing and shooting in exchange for your time

Ballie

Probably not the right section for this but I didn’t know what to put it in!

I manage 6 miles of a beautiful Norfolk chalk steam that is run as a very, very exclusive dry fly brown trout fishery you cannot buy a day on this fishery it is by invitation only, I also run my own driven game shoot on 720 acres of land (woodland, arable and grazing) that the river runs through.

I could do with some to help occasionally, the work will be varied and include, some tree clearance, filling feed bins, trapping, cutting river side reeds and river weed and a manner of other tasks associated with game keeping and river keeping.

I am looking for one person preferably someone fairly local who would be interested in helping out occasionally on weekdays (not weekends), I am unable to offer any money but in exchange for your time I can offer some vermin shooting, fishing on the river for brown trout and as much fire wood as you want.

The fishing would be in accordance with the fishery rules (dry fly up stream) and no more than 3 fish taken in one day (average size of fish is 2lb, with some much larger) The shooting could be with air rifle (there is some good air rifle shooting rabbits, squirrels and rooks) or rim fire (.22 or .17 hmr) or shotgun but I am not offering any centre fire shooting, however if a good relationship developed over time and I gained trust in your use of firearms I would re-view the use of a centre fire to shoot Muntjac with at a later date.

The ground is about 10 miles outside Thetford, Norfolk near a village called Mundford.

If anyone is interested please PM me

I need a change of job and a change of scenery, maybe I also need to buy a house in Mundford. <_<:lol:

What an offer !!! all that sport for a few days graft, better than being paid in money if you ask me. :lol::lol:

Ballie, if you ever decide to manage land anywhere near me in South Wales you gimme a shout.. :lol:

This is a dream offer! I would snap it up if i was closer!!!!!!!

Its worth fishing rights for brownies alone.

Yes jon0881 you are right we let one day's fishing a year go to the STA auction and it always goes for over £400 !!!

Probably not the right section for this but I didn’t know what to put it in!

I manage 6 miles of a beautiful Norfolk chalk steam that is run as a very, very exclusive dry fly brown trout fishery you cannot buy a day on this fishery it is by invitation only, I also run my own driven game shoot on 720 acres of land (woodland, arable and grazing) that the river runs through.

I could do with some to help occasionally, the work will be varied and include, some tree clearance, filling feed bins, trapping, cutting river side reeds and river weed and a manner of other tasks associated with game keeping and river keeping.

I am looking for one person preferably someone fairly local who would be interested in helping out occasionally on weekdays (not weekends), I am unable to offer any money but in exchange for your time I can offer some vermin shooting, fishing on the river for brown trout and as much fire wood as you want.

The fishing would be in accordance with the fishery rules (dry fly up stream) and no more than 3 fish taken in one day (average size of fish is 2lb, with some much larger) The shooting could be with air rifle (there is some good air rifle shooting rabbits, squirrels and rooks) or rim fire (.22 or .17 hmr) or shotgun but I am not offering any centre fire shooting, however if a good relationship developed over time and I gained trust in your use of firearms I would re-view the use of a centre fire to shoot Muntjac with at a later date.

The ground is about 10 miles outside Thetford, Norfolk near a village called Mundford.

If anyone is interested please PM me

I was thinking of moving anyway :lol:

<_< D2D

Surprisingly I only got 2 pm's from PW and 3 from BBS. I will contact all the people that have pm'ed or emailed me over the next few days and hopefully I will find someone who is suitable.

The opportunity will go to the most local person first (sorry) but in case things don't work out I will keep all the your details.

Anyone reading this post from now on please do not PM as the offer is now closed