Duck Shooting

highdowns hunter

I had a very interesting conversation last night with a "coon ***" from south Louisiana. This guy had a farm  owned 73 guns and rifles and was very much into Hunting and shooting, He told me that there are that many ducks over there they have to break the eggs during breeding season because the Duck and Geese are getting out of control.

This is mainly due to the change over to steel shot  is what he told me

Apparently From what I could understand during our drunken conversation he told me that although the birds are hit, the steel shot is so hot it corterises the wound.

I dont know if this is the case or if the steel shot cartridges are too expensive that not many people as shooting the ducks anymore.

Any way it was a good evening and after about 2 hours  of heavy drinking we had killed  just about every  species known to man,

Another guy who was in our company was Canadian and he lived Near the Rocky Mountains He showed me some photos of an Elk he had shot from his back porch with a Revolver

This guy owned 14 Great danes and 1 killer dog ??

he said he used the great dane dogs for Couger hunting

I think the USA must be a shooters paradise considering we struggle to get a FAC for one gun

Your right there compleatly mad about Hunting and Shooting and I want to live out there when I am older not just because there are some Big Animals to hunt but because people respect your right to Hunt stuff. I don't think there are even such things as antis out there. If there are you never hear about them because they are a Minority.

A bloke on the beating team when turky hunting in the U.S and said he couldent belive the size of the gun shops out there sounds like heaven to Me.  :D

These antis wouldnt shout so loud if they had to work for a living. Most of them are from rent a crowd and just get enjoyment in spoiling other peoples pleasure They dont care what they are protesting against so long as they have a day out with the mob.

How many do you see or hear about who would dare confront you man to man

we should have open season on them and put them out of their misery

HH, I think your Louisiana buddy might have been having alcoholic dreams.

Due to bad weather, there have been poor breeding seasons for the duck population of the US for a few years.

The Mississipi delta area is probably the biggest destination for ducks moving south in the Winter, this could be the area he is referring to.

The latest steel shot cartridges are supposed to be as good as lead, my friends say they don,t have problems with them.

I get my information from my US friends and from this website. http://www.duckcentral.com/sdhforum/

They have a very active anti lobby in the US, thats where PETA originated from.

Their hunting/shooting/fishing associations are far bigger and better organised than ours are. Of course, they also have many more members.

• 4 weeks later...