sako quad.22lr locking & ejecting

Mr mutley

Hi all, wondering if anyone has had problems with the above and how they solved it.bought the sako in 17hmr no problems and very slick with better looking build than the 455. Problem lies in the 22 barrel. Very stiff bolt at first until I polished breech face. Now bolt functions fine but have the other problem of ejecting live rounds. Looks like a short chamber as no problems with 22long just lr. And only supersonic RDS and eley subs. I know the problem is that the round is engaging rifling on chambering. Has anyone reamed the lead of the rifling??

You might have a functioning bodge there. The fwd shoulder of the barrel that meets the action, if shimmed would move everything fwd but would only work if the locking lug still has enough clearance to locate. I'll check later, will tide me over until I next drive near gmk

The problem of frequently failing to eject cases - fired or not - was cleared up by filing the ejector claw deeper - so it travels further towards the smaller 22lr case than the HMR case if you get me? There have been a few threads on here about it - I'll try a search.

I still have the photo I took of mine.

QuadClaw.jpg

I thought that was the case but on chambering a round it is stiff and the bullet is just getting too stuck into the rifling. Longs work fine and so do a few, not all Winnie sub's. Anything longer like eleys just get stuck. And the chamber is clean so not due to fouling

dont file the whole face of the claw, you will lose too much meat on the actual tip

if you want to see what is fouling and stopping the claw going deeper get some engineer's blue or even just chalk dust

it is only a problem as the barrels and claws all have the same extractor groove and profile but the WMR/HMR has a wider rim, the narrower .22lr rim combined with sticky was and a short leade makes it tricky to extract unfired rounds of some brands

for god sake dont get the chamber extended!!

that the one thing that makes the sako so accurate

here:

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/showthread.php/40822-Sako-Quad-Extractor-claw-modification?highlight=sako+quad+extractor

quad-2.jpg