Rare Short and Mason Thermograph

McDirty

I have for sale a very rare Short & Mason thermograph.

A thermograph is a scientific instrument for measuring changes in temperature over a period of time, in this case its a week.

It is fully working, I have tested it at different temperatures and the bellows moves the needle, the chart is on a clockwork drum and this also works when wound. There is also some ink in the bottle.

There are a few scratches in the brass and a small nic on the top. none of these can be seen unless your right next to it looking. This is to be expected I suppose on an instrument that is old and would have been used and not admired as an ornament, as it is now.

The chart does have a patch of ink where the previous owner has overfilled the needle. The drum can be turned and this patch hidden round the back so its doesn't spoil the look.

Thanks for looking,

I'm asking £225. Ideally collection only as I would be worried about it getting damaged in the post

Thanks Mark

post-69722-0-07042100-1432498452_thumb.jpgpost-69722-0-48244800-1432498452_thumb.jpgpost-69722-0-69361100-1432498452_thumb.jpgpost-69722-0-87874800-1432498452_thumb.jpg

Edited by McDirty

I must admit to having used these in my work as a commercial heating engineer, which indicates that I am clearly not in my prime.

We used them exclusively to prove that the heating was operating correctly over the heating set period, to dispel any myths of non operation often claimed by awkward clients.

Wish that I had kept one or two now.

I must admit to having used these in my work as a commercial heating engineer, which indicates that I am clearly not in my prime.

We used them exclusively to prove that the heating was operating correctly over the heating set period, to dispel any myths of non operation often claimed by awkward clients.

Wish that I had kept one or two now.

I never expected anyone to know what one was, let alone someone have used one.

It doesn't seem that many remain, I have only ever found one other