Howa 1500 stealth combo

sjnshooter

I'm looking for my first stalking rifle and the howa is one of my options as well but I'm going for 6.5x55 instead of .243. They do seem to be excellent packages for the money though.

I have read about accuracy problems with the hogue stocks (fore end flex) and 1500 actions though. I'm not bothered about the package as I have a Swarovski scope already to go on my stalking rifle.

Another very nice looking rifle for not too much money is the cz550 or 527

I have a howa 223 stainless and love it. I had 5 shots at the weekend checking the zero , 2 at 170 yards and 3 at 250 and hit the potatoes every shot.

Nothing more I could want from a rifle .

I've looked through the package scope and it's really not bad . Clear on 300 yard targets

I had the Hogue stock and the fore-end flex was really noticeable. The rifle wasn't doing as well as I'd hoped BUT there are options for replacement stocks that won't cost the earth or you can specify a different stock when ordering the packages. I have a Boyds stock which I ordered from the States, cost me less than £150 to get that imported here, and I'm hoping that now it's mounted in there it will do a little better. The action and scope etc and especially the moderator that come in the pack are all great value. As a package deal it's hard to beat.