head's up, Le-chameau

shoot and be safe

I will be interested to know how these wear - went to buy a pair at a major supplier last year who advised me not to since manufacturing was moved out to China. Several pairs had been returned recently with serious defects. He recommended Harkilla which after one hard season (so far!) have been ok. Heard the same about Hunters - also made in China now. Aigle got a thumbs up but they are still made in France. Anyone else had issues?

I've had loads of pairs of expensive boots. Best were Matterhorn (over 10 years old when I got rid) but hard to find nowadays, second was Le Cham' and the leather eventually split all ove rthe place in half the time I had the Matterhorns, then two pairs of Harkila; the most comfortable I've owned but both pairs went back after leaking in through the heels. Gronel (superb, another 10 year job) and now have gone back to Le Cham' after not being bale to find either Gronel or Matterhorn again. We'll see how the latest pair of Le Cham' last and if they don't then I wont be going back, but will go to Meindl as two mates have had theirs for over 10 years.

Scully are you talking leather lace-up boots as I think the thread was about wellies. I understand it's only wellie production which our slanty-eyed friends are producing and the issues appeared early '14 onwards. Sad for me as I was about to invest £150 in Le Chams but the Harkillas (so far!) are better - same colour, the light yellowish green, slightly shorter in the leg (I'm short) and very very comfortable. Time will tell of course.

Scully are you talking leather lace-up boots as I think the thread was about wellies. I understand it's only wellie production which our slanty-eyed friends are producing and the issues appeared early '14 onwards. Sad for me as I was about to invest £150 in Le Chams but the Harkillas (so far!) are better - same colour, the light yellowish green, slightly shorter in the leg (I'm short) and very very comfortable. Time will tell of course.

My apologies; I didn't read the link! Silly me assumed it was about boots. :rolleyes:

Have only had one pair of Le Cham' wellies; very good and grippy and liked the way they hugged the ankle. Now on Muck Boots after a pair of Barbour.