Animal hospital

ernyha

:D Can anyone confirm the following? I have just watched the BBC Animal hospital programme where they are asking for viewers to vote on the best animal welfare charity.One of the candidates was shown tending to an injured fox(no qualms with that) and that they intended to release it back into the wild when healthy.I was under the impression that it is illegal to release vermin back into the wild and a fox comes into this category.Any thoughts? :D  :=)

We were ferriting on a farm on the weekend were i havent been before but my mate has (he does loads of foxing and is quite well known by loads of farmers)we went to the farmhouse at dinnertime for a cuppa and got chatting to the farmers wife.She said that a livestock lorry broke down on its way down here(Cornwall) and a passing vet(the one they use at the farm)stopped to see if they needed any help.The driver went mad and wouldnt let him near the back of the lorry,when he did look in it was full to overflowing with foxes (presumably to be released).Its a funny thing because (and this sounds daft)when i've been out with him shooting foxes he often says that a particular fox weve shot "isnt a local one" and when you compare them i think he's right.Our foxes seem to have quite short legs and very bushy tails,these ones have much longer legs and quite wirey tails.I think somthings afoot :D

There have been rumours for some time, that foxes are being trapped in town areas and then released into the countryside.

I have heard stories of groups of threes and fours being seen in fields near main roads, in broad daylight.

Apparently, gamekeepers in the Ashford, Kent area have been shooting double figure quantities most nights.

Gamebore..........seems like what you need to do ,is a to buy a tin of dog food & wait with the gun!You might have a good result..............I know this may go against the current grain,but,there always seems to be an abundance of foxes, just before The Hunt arrives.The foxes that we see then,are not as cunning as the ones that live in the area.............I'm not going to make any more of this, but I think it may be more than coincidence!

I saw the clip you were referring to and I must admit I was suprised. On our syndicate shoot, foxes are endemic. We shoot at least two every week. There is nobody in the shoot with a rifle unfortunately although we are equiped with high seats for deeer shooting :D . We are waiting for the undergrowth to die down to find the fox holes. BTW what is the best way of getting rid of foxes bar shooting...

BB