Hello from the Wirral

Mr_G

Gemini52 kindly introduced me to David Costain at Puddinton and I've got to say I'm very impressed. I've now been 2 weeks on the run, and while this might not be a huge number of times shooting, it's enough to make up my mind that it's a good and more importantly safe place to shoot. Everyone there is friendly and willing to help out with shooting tips and advice as well as just have a friendly chat.

Evo, so far, safety wise, I have absolutely no concerns. I've not seen anyone doing anything unsafe or anything that has made me nervous, so to say safety is the last thing on their minds is a little harsh I think. Maybe you just experience a one off incident with that woman blowing holes in the concrete wall (I saw the hole the other week.). I think it'll be the same anywhere, there is always one, so you can never be too aware of what is going on around you.

Shooting wise, I just need to get better at actually hitting the things now. Last week I was doing ok, but this week I maybe hit >20/75, a little bit gutted, but still great fun!!

Edited by Mr_G

Gemini52 kindly introduced me to David Costain at Puddinton and I've got to say I'm very impressed. I've now been 2 weeks on the run, and while this might not be a huge number of times shooting, it's enough to make up my mind that it's a good and more importantly safe place to shoot. Everyone there is friendly and willing to help out with shooting tips and advice as well as just have a friendly chat.

Evo, so far, safety wise, I have absolutely no concerns. I've not seen anyone doing anything unsafe or anything that has made me nervous, so to say safety is the last thing on their minds is a little harsh I think. Maybe you just experience a one off incident with that woman blowing holes in the concrete wall (I saw the hole the other week.). I think it'll be the same anywhere, there is always one, so you can never be too aware of what is going on around you.

Shooting wise, I just need to get better at actually hitting the things now. Last week I was doing ok, but this week I maybe hit >20/75, a little bit gutted, but still great fun!!

it probably was,, I get on very well with dave costain, I have known him for many years also,but to be honest YES accidents can happen all the time,as I said it does have some good stands , its certainly cheaper than NWSS but its not for me,anyways glad to hear your enjoying yourself and stick with it

atb Evo

I think you are being a bit harsh on yourself mate,you done really well,its a learning curve,if i had a tenner for every time i thought i shot badly,i would be minted,by the way i reckon you hit at least half so well done.

I think you are being a bit harsh on yourself mate,you done really well,its a learning curve,if i had a tenner for every time i thought i shot badly,i would be minted,by the way i reckon you hit at least half so well done.

Cheers mate :) The lessons should sort it out...I hope ;)

• 3 weeks later...