buying a new scope

mahmood

hey guys iam looking to buy a new scope for my air arms s200 can any one reccomend any scopes that would be good with this gun? at the moment i have a nikko sterling scope 3-9-40 with which i have had a lot of trouble with. i cant get the shot to meet with what i see through the scope, i cant get the shot high enough i have replaced the low mounts with high mounts but i still have the same problem so i think it mite be that the scope is damged.

Mahmood,

Have you tried centralising your scope before you fit it to the gun ?

That is counting the number of clicks on both turrets from one extreme ( left and right / up and down) and then dividing by half to find the exact centre of your scope. By doing this you should know that at least the scope is central.

As regards low and high mounts they should make no difference to the projected point of impact , except for the trajectory they create. These mounts are purely for your own preference and to cater for variuos size of scopes.

Another possibilty is to 'shim' the scope up to the desired level ,using really thin material ,such as old camera film.

It could be a possibility that the scope is damaged.

Would you be able to borrow a scope from someone , for comparison purposes, before you ( shudder as a true Yorkshireman would :) ) buy another ?

Teal,

What type of reticle does the Walther have? I was thinking of getting myself something illuminated with a Mil-Dot (as some readers may remember), and that sounds tempting. Unless it's a fully IR 30/30 of course.

By the by, has anyone any info on whether it's a good idea to use Weaver mounts so that I can swap out my current scope for a red dot come harvest time?

Wookie