Ideal first shotgun?

scotttomo

I've been shooting with an over & under 12 bore multi choke ejector for the last 7 years. It's a hand made Rezzini I bought second hand and is a lovely shotgun, that's suitable for all situations.

I also bought a new 12 bore Mosberg 535 pump action a few months ago, after playing with a friends. I'm still getting used to it, and whenever I rack the slide back its like being a hillbilly in a movie :-)

My advice would be to find a local dealer and have a go with a few different types - see what feels right (within your budget) and have some fun...

• 1 month later...

You just cannot better a semi auto! fill it up why watching the sky for your next in-commers , multi chokes make it ideal for high flying crows to foxes, pigeons over decoys the whole gambit. The only place they are AS YET not acceptable is on formal shoots. £500-£1000 will get you a belter new or second hand depending on brand

The best cheap buy by far is a side by side boxlock non ejector second hand you wont need to break £200 for a really clean one. Just so happens I have just the thing up for sale on GWatch LOL ! Seriously if money is an issue they are available at serious value as fashions dictate over practical