camera recommendations

viking

I did think about the bridge camera. My problem is I keep changing my mind. I do like a nice dslr but I know a bridge camera would suit me better. But some times I just can't help my self. I even bid in a Fuji s3 pro on eBay last night as I used to have one. But I was out bid.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i am about to sell my D7200 with grip and some quality glass - Sigma 18-55 2.8 OS and Sigma 50-150 2.8 OS. Camera is about 10 months old and only done 1200 pics. I just used it as a backup but I am no longer shooting DX. All in original boxes.

You appear to prefer Sigma lens rather than Nikon although I note that you love your Nikon 24-70 2.8 VR.

What reasons? Price? Performance?

I also note that you use two zoom lens rather than one "super" zoom. Again, reasons?

I'm guessing that f2.8 scores over f4-f5.6 which tends to be the maximum available at the more "budget" end of the market and/or on longer zooms.

You appear to prefer Sigma lens rather than Nikon although I note that you love your Nikon 24-70 2.8 VR.

What reasons? Price? Performance?

I also note that you use two zoom lens rather than one "super" zoom. Again, reasons?

I'm guessing that f2.8 scores over f4-f5.6 which tends to be the maximum available at the more "budget" end of the market and/or on longer zooms.

Chris the Sigma Lenses are DX lenses, they we bought only for the D7200 and D300S I use as backup cameras. My main camera is a Nikon D4 FF which I use Nikkor lenses, 10-24 (2.8), 24-70 (2.8) and 70-200 (2.8). Because I only really shoot concerts and bands I sometimes am unable to get in the pit and end up shooting from the soundboard which is way back. I don't use a single lens as their is not really one that covers all the types of shots I need that is sharp enough.

In a concert environment you can't use flash and its a good idea to turn off your rear screen unless you want beer bottles off the back of you head.

Edited by Freakmode

• 5 months later...

The 18-55 kit lens is OK although the 18-105 is a bit long in the tooth. I'm guessing the Tamron 70-300 is the old version without VC which will be difficult to use at slower shutter speeds and didn't have a great reputation. I'd also guess that you wouldn't use quite a lot of the package. Decent camera though.

why is there so much options, why do they make it so confusing :no:

why dont they have them labeled entry level, mid range and expert/pro,

whats the difference between the the d700, d7100 and the d7200, and then the d3200, and the the other 60 models, i dont need anything great, but i dont want anything ****,

for some reason i do like the bigger cameras, i was looking at the 500d for sale on here but then when i looked at the d7000 i realised that the 500d looked small, i know that may sound daft but thats how it is, just been reading this thread again, and as i thought before i could do with just one lens really, and i do like the sound of the 18-300 VR

D3200 - small 'entry level' controls/whistles and bells but the same sensor/resolution as the D7100/7200.

I bought one for my wife, takes cracking quality photos.

what lens do you use mate :good::good:

whats the difference between the the d700, d7100 and the d7200, and then the d3200, and the the other 60 models, i dont need anything great, but i dont want anything ****,

I agree it is confusing.

I've got an old Canon so I only really understand this brand. The less numbers the better the model to a certain point. The three figure numbers are the entry level models, the two digit are the middle range and the one digit are the top end stuff.

No idea about Nikon only that the 3100,3200, 3300 are the entry level models.

You've chosen a good family of cameras to explain the numbering system. Quite simply the D7000, D7100, D7200 are the same family range, the increasing number shows the newer model.

A D7000 or the newer versions would be a great DSLR for you. I used a D7000 with a 35mm and 50mm prime for about eight years.

The way to work out the entry level to professional is the price (they're not going to put cameras into categories). However, a cheap camera in the right hands can fool a lot of people and a Pro-grade camera doesn't instantly make someone a good photographer.

Could this be the reason then that when Iv taken some close up pictures of er indoors or my son and had them developed they sometimes come back with a couple of inch of head missing??

You've been using those discount photo labs which only develop the bottom 90% of the negative!

You only get what you pay for. :lol: