Door locks x3 with the same key

Albert 888

Working on the make them move on principle, issue is moving from what was an intrinsically secure property (single point of access/egress at gf level) to an intrinsically insecure one (multiple attack points at ground level.......

CCTV will be installed when funds allow to aid deference.....

Most burglars just go for easy targets, 90% I see are UPvc doors left unlocked, just on latch not double locked, doors left open, keys left by letter box, window open etc. If they have targeted your house for a reason, not much you can do. As said above they just put a brick through the patio door and walk through! Alarm with dialer way to go, or dogs - they hate dogs lol

Albert. Any decent locksmith will sell you three cylinders to suit your needs but probably charge you in the £10 region for similar to what you've found at Screwfix. They will also be able to re-pin two of them to match the first one and charge you around a fiver for each of these though the bloke I use often does them free if he's in a good mood. Obviously the keys that came with the second two cylinders will now be useless so you'll need to get extra keys cut if you want more than the couple that come with one cylinder.

The mother in law keeps putting the back door key on a windowsill and leaving the window open. I've had it keyed so that it only operates the back door from the inside so anyone stealing it can't let themselves in anywhere. The outside of the same door is suited with the front door, patio, garage and shed.

If you can't find a decent/cheap local service then I can give you the number of one that will mail......obviously I would have them sent to a work/ relatives address (but then I am only a couple of steps short of the tin foil hat brigade!)

Finally, make sure you measure all three cylinders before ordering noting which is the external/ internal measurement, especially if you want a thumb turn on any of the insides or buy a lock with "anti-snap" in the description. Sorry if I'm going down the egg sucking route or on the flip side PM me if your not sure how to measure these.

Good luck,

H.