Anyone walk there ferets???

naddan28

Just took the dog for a walk and saw this random women in the distance holding a lead.... on closer insepction she had a ferret lead and was walking a white ferret! No one on here surely walks ferrets do they?? The puppy was rather shocked to see the little critter!!!

Just took the dog for a walk and saw this random women in the distance holding a lead.... on closer insepction she had a ferret lead and was walking a white ferret! No one on here surely walks ferrets do they?? The puppy was rather shocked to see the little critter!!!

nowt wrong with ferret walking they love it and it gives them good excersize, mine used to fetch is own lead.uhm.

Was working in King William st back in the 80s, just up from the Bank of England, when a chap came walking down the road with a bloody great mongoose on a lead. :good:

Don’t know who he was or where he came from but I bet the law wouldn’t allow it now.;)

G.M.

I walk my 3 jills. :good: They love it and not only is it good exercise but it helps keep their claws down. ;) Get a few odd looks from the dog walking fraternity though. :good::good:

FM :good:

seriously I used to walk mine for the same reasons.

they do love it . have you thought of teaming them up to a skate board,

they pull along like a badly trained jack russell.

Mine have very different personalities so it wouldn't work. One wants to kill cats that appear in a 100m radius of her. Another refuses to walk until we get to a certain point. And my sandy walks to heel. ;)

A good method of getting them to go in the same direction is putting the little brother a few paces ahead and let him start running. They soon begin the chase. :good:

FM :good:

I was just shocked to see it thats all, I live in a really built up area surrounded by chav's so when I saw some girl appearing to be waving a lead with nothing on in the distance I was kind of shocked to see Mr Ferret on the end! My cocker pup was shocked, didn't know what to make of it lol. How often do ferrets need exercise? I have always been wary of them as the only real contact/story I had heard about ferrets/polecats was one took my uncles finger off! What is the difference between a ferret and a polecat?

I will be walking them when I get some. Plenty of fields around here for them to explore. Kids can't wait to take them to school for 'Show & Tell'.

Difference between a Ferret & a Polecat?

Well, a Ferret is a Ferret and a Polcat is a Polecat ;) Although a Ferret is said to come from domesticated Polecats, but nobody can agree on when.

But, people call a Polceat coloured Ferret a Polecat, hence the confusion. Still a Ferret though. Just a colouring, as is an Albino Ferret, just a white ferret.

/Mad

I will be walking them when I get some. Plenty of fields around here for them to explore. Kids can't wait to take them to school for 'Show & Tell'.

Difference between a Ferret & a Polecat?

Well, a Ferret is a Ferret and a Polcat is a Polecat :lol: Although a Ferret is said to come from domesticated Polecats, but nobody can agree on when.

But, people call a Polceat coloured Ferret a Polecat, hence the confusion. Still a Ferret though. Just a colouring, as is an Albino Ferret, just a white ferret.

/Mad

thanks for clearing that one up :lol::good:

My ferrets love to go for walks, the river bank and local park there fav :lol: They have lovely coloured harnesses and elastic leads for the occasion too which the other half .... loves :good::lol:

We even took our ferrets to the local agri show a year or so ago, not entering them into any thing, just so they could get out and have a little fun their selfs. They are fantastic animals to have loads of fun with!! :lol: