University Club Sponsorship

Sean R

Hi all,

As Clay Shooting Captain for the University of Bath, I am trying to find some sponsorship for our relatively small and under supported club. We have great potential in our team and individuals. The last competition we shot we came 5th out of 27 teams, with our top lady winning the Ladies High Gun, beating the current Ladies GB Champion!

If anyone knows of any companies or manufacturers that may be interested in supporting our club please let me know.

Many thanks,

you guys got a web site to veiw ?? where you at im home this september so may drop in and make a large donation, i was found and raised in Bristol ( Hanham ) so its only down the road a little.

Martin

Thats very generous of you TLE...... :lol:

you YANK ******* oops sorry forgot your a brit :good:;):good:

as funny as that was, stranger things have happened

you guys got a web site to veiw ?? where you at im home this september so may drop in, i was found and raised in Bristol ( Hanham ) so its only down the road a little.

Martin

We do have a website...https://www.bathstudent.com/club_homepage.asp?clubid=4880

Don't really know how much you can access without having to be a member of the university but you should get a feel for what we do from there.

Cheers,

you guys got a web site to veiw ?? where you at im home this september so may drop in, i was found and raised in Bristol ( Hanham ) so its only down the road a little.

Martin

We do have a website...https://www.bathstudent.com/club_homepage.asp?clubid=4880

Don't really know how much you can access without having to be a member of the university but you should get a feel for what we do from there.

Cheers,

Just out of curiosity due you use a local clay ground or your own traps on uni space?? Also how does everyone store their guns, I imagine it must be difficult with FLO's and landlords?

Just out of curiosity due you use a local clay ground or your own traps on uni space?? Also how does everyone store their guns, I imagine it must be difficult with FLO's and landlords?

We use a local clay gound as the university does not consider us a big enough club to warrent the amount of space we would need. Our Smallbore Rifle Team did have a range on site but this had to be decomissioned last year because the uni wanted to build a bobsleigh start track and did so too close to the back of the range therefore not giving enough of a safety gap!

As for the guns, they are all stored in one big cabinet in the universities armoury and all of them on the certificates of 2 people have access to them.

Cheers,

Bloody hell, no way my uni would allow anything like that! Even though we are a rural campus with tons of space to place clays and ranges :lol:. In fact we could even have a bloody good game shoot on campus, pheasants already live there with no incouragement/management. Althou unfortuntaley my uni (Kent Uni) is infested by anti's and complete plonkers that think greys are native and probably also that foxes visit the chipshop for meals.

Clearly bath has a decent union that is open to all sorts of sports. UKC, we have trouble getting support for a golf club (proper english sport) where as the newly founded pole dancing club flourish. Its such a shame that unions are so political, as it could be a great way to educate people via a union shooting club.

try telling your union that it is a sport recognised by BUSA, and that you wish to compete. unis have seperate budgets set aside for BUSA competition so should at least be able to funs the national championships for you. go have a word with them, youll probably be surprised how much interest youll get B) i run the northumbria uni team and that couldnt be more urban, but for BUSA we didnt pay a penny, just went there and shot :oops:

try telling your union that it is a sport recognised by BUSA, and that you wish to compete. unis have seperate budgets set aside for BUSA competition so should at least be able to funs the national championships for you. go have a word with them, youll probably be surprised how much interest youll get B) i run the northumbria uni team and that couldnt be more urban, but for BUSA we didnt pay a penny, just went there and shot :oops:

lol, i know the response I would get!! I set up and run the university golf club and that was hard enough! We have a sports for all policy, so I was asked how do I plan on letting blind or disabled people play! Simple, I dont. (unless their disabiliity doesn't prevent them playing SAFELY)