Punta Cana

rimfire4969

We are thinking of going to Punta Cana of a 2 week holiday. 3 children (17, 15 & 11) my wife and myself. We are caught between a couple of hotels roughly the same price. Memories Splash has a water park attached to it and lots for the children to do, Bahia Principe Esmarelda better reviews but not so much to do.

Anyone been to either? I know it's a long shot but you never know.

Yes, we spent 10 days at the Bahia Principe last year. The most boring 10 days of my life!

Now, before this sways you towards your other choice I would've found any of these all inclusive resorts in the Dominican Republic boring, I don't know why we booked it!

The resort was nice, well attended to gardens, good and varied food, pools were okay (there were six or seven from memory). You could walk down through the resort and onto the beach which was actually very nice allowing you to stroll for miles.

So, if you are set on Dominican Republic I can't imagine a better place than Bahia Principe, however, if you like a bit of culture, some exploring, getting out and about forget the entire island frankly! For lots of people though all-inclusive in a resort without the hassle of exploring is what it's all about, if that's your thing I don't have a bad word to say about Bahia Principe.

We spent a Couple of weeks in a Bahia Principe although further North in Puerto Plata and I couldnt say enough good about it. The staff are unreal. friendly,happy people that couldnt do enough for you.

They work really long hours,,Be there all day and do a show at night and be there first thing in the morning with a smile on their face giving you Clean towels.

I am also not one for laying about on holidays although a couple of days by the pool drinking cocktails from coconut shells or laying out on a lilo on the water with the sun belting down or taking a spin out on a jetski is not a bad way to relax.

There is plenty to do outside the resorts if you wish..To mention a few things we done is to go Quad biking through the countryside, visit the Cigar factorys or take a trip out on high powered speed boats to some beautiful secluded islands and go snorkling around the reefs and visit swamps were the manatee's come into and have dinner is a shack style restuarant over looking the water.

The thing you have to remember is the people are very poor out there and appreciate people going there..They have very little but happrier people will be hard to find.

One word of advice if you do go outside the resorts is not to be afraid to tell the guys selling merchandise to ****** off as they can get quite pushy and in your face.

I would have no hesitation in going back and using the Bahia principe resorts. I might put up a few pic if i get time for you.

Enjoy yourself anyway if youse decide to go.