MP153 problem

Big Al

I had a Baikal MP153 a number of years ago and have always regretted trading it in. I bought a second hand one yesterday and today I took it roost shooting. I got on very well with it but this one has an annoying problem.

Roughly 50% of tge time it releases both cartridges in the magazine when the chambered cartridge is shot. This leaves one in the breech and one directly underneath on the carrier. You cannot put another in the magazine without drawing back the bolt, ejecting the chambered cartridge and reinsert in it in the magazine.

I'm going to lubricate the magazine release catch to within an inch of its life but wondered if any of the PW crew have ever come across it before. Any guidance will be appreciated.

Edited by Big Al

• 1 month later...

Just an update for those who may be interested - and for future search results.

I took the gun back to the dealer I bought it from 2nd hand. Turns out that when the gun had been cerakoted by a previous owner part of the trigger mechanism was cerakoted too causing it to to stick and releasing both cartridges in the magazine.

I was able to exchange the gun for another one with the factory synthetic finish. I have put 150 cartridges through it with no unusual happenings.

All well that ends well.