Anybody been Lydden hill,Kent

smig4373

Hi I have been there a few times facilities vary each time depending what's on but never loads and are normally near the pit /work area, I don't know where the camping area is so you could be a long way from it. The parking is over looking the track so a lot of people tend to take bbq /picnic ect ,if I was you I would make sure your self sufficient .nearest chippie/kfc/tescos ect ten minutes towards Dover

hope you have a good time

I've been doing rallycross for years. ( British not the worlds) and Lydden is my home circuit.

There will be plenty on by means of catering but expect to pay £7-8 for a cardboard burger and about £4 for chips. Teas and coffee will be £2.00 Ish. The queues will also be horrendous. So take plenty of pack up. Plenty of water and a camp stove.

It will be a great weekend of action.

Rallycross really is the wild child of motorsport

Went past there to day, as others said it's pritty basic. But food and drink will be there. Can't see there being much in entertainment (evening) it's a good track for viewing tho as you can see the hole track from pritty much any where. I normaly go to the bhp show they do each year.

I went to this last year, was a pretty good day and I came home with an Ion camera I found in the pits. Turned out to be from one of the cars, drivers name escapes me, but I still have the footage. I mailed the team and offered it back but never heard anything so a nice souvenir for me :-)