cleaning a shotgun

roadkill

If you use a decent cartridge you will only end up with a dust which is easily cleaned out with a wool mop, I do mine after every shoot as well as brushing dust out of action and ejectors with a toothbrush, onlt thing is it makes the toothpaste go grey afterwards. :good:

Regarding cartridges I try to use only Victory 480's, if I buy something from the ground such as D & J, you need the bronze brush to shift the debris.

What I tend to do is squirt a good dose of cleaner down the barrel, leave it for a couple of minutes, then send the bronze brush through a few times (doesn't take long). Then I clear it all out with kitchen roll on a jag and give it a light coat of oil to finish. If you use good cartridges, cleaning shouldn't be too hard :good:

Snake with 009 sprayed on the end

Leave it in on the trip home

Pull it out when home

Wipe sufaces with Power airgun oil

Pop it in the cabinet

What I tend to do is squirt a good dose of cleaner down the barrel, leave it for a couple of minutes, then send the bronze brush through a few times (doesn't take long). Then I clear it all out with kitchen roll on a jag and give it a light coat of oil to finish. If you use good cartridges, cleaning shouldn't be too hard :good:

today i got back from the clay grounds and ran the bronze brush through both barrels then i put oil down them and ran the jag through both after that i ran the mop through then it has now turned a grayish colour .. I cleaned the ejectors with a old toothbrush and gave the gun a general oil all over and polished the woodwork it is now gleaming

today i got back from the clay grounds and ran the bronze brush through both barrels then i put oil down them and ran the jag through both after that i ran the mop through then it has now turned a grayish colour .. I cleaned the ejectors with a old toothbrush and gave the gun a general oil all over and polished the woodwork it is now gleaming

After the bronze brush and before the wool mop run kitchen roll through it a few times.

After the bronze brush and before the wool mop run kitchen roll through it a few times.

isnt that what the jag is used for :good:

isnt that what the jag is used for :lol:

Sorry misread your post. :good:

And careful not to over oil or else the oil can run into the wood while standing in the cabinet.

that doesnt sound to good , there was only a slight film of oil left on the gun as i wiped it down with a nice dry rag

Sounds perfect, light film and no fingerprints is what you want, and a VP90 pad or moisture reduction pad in the bottom of the cabinet, if its in a cold spot.

My gun safe is in a nice warm room that holds a steady temperature, but I still have a VP90 pouch in it. It's £5 for a year of protection, so well worth it even if it's not really needed :good:

i might get one but like you said mine is in a nice warm room