This may catch out a few.

Scully

https://ukshootingnews.wordpress.com/2016/05/11/home-office-will-press-on-regardless-with-damaging-eu-de-ac-gun-ban/

I know one or two folk who have old style de-acts. People who have no interest in live firearms except for the odd decorative de-act wall hangers they already possess as conversation pieces.

I'm just wondering how anyone like this would be aware that they may be committing an offence if they sold/gave one to someone of a similar outlook.

I can't really see what purpose this legislation will serve, and can't help but think we are attempting to find a solution to a problem which doesn't exist, or am I missing something?

Edited by Scully

https://ukshootingnews.wordpress.com/2016/05/11/home-office-will-press-on-regardless-with-damaging-eu-de-ac-gun-ban/

I know one or two folk who have old style de-acts. People who have no interest in live firearms except for the odd decorative de-act wall hangers they already possess as conversation pieces.

I'm just wondering how anyone like this would be aware that they may be committing an offence if they sold/gave one to someone of a similar outlook.

I can't really see what purpose this legislation will serve, and can't help but think we are attempting to find a solution to a problem which doesn't exist, or am I missing something?

An accurate statement for almost every single piece of legislation as a result of a party manifesto, in fact for almost every single piece of legislation in the last 40 years.