First time out with new scope

monkeyjaimz

Now then fellas, I purchased a Nikko Sterling 'nighteater' from Coney Basher in the Buy/Sell/Swap section which arrived last week.

I fitted it onto the S200 yesterday for some practice, then took it out into the field for an hour tonight.

The name 'nighteater' is totally apt, the big lens and 30mm tube seem to suck in and amplify light making the nights sport last a bit longer if your not on the lamp.

Parralax wheel works a dream also, I zeroed it at 30yrds and took a full size buck out at around 42 - 45yrds no problem tonight, well happy :unsure:

p.s the target had 10 pellets put through it :good:

post-4352-1178669072.jpg

post-4352-1178669110.jpg

post-4352-1178669134.jpg

just a quick note, i know that group is very good, but you may well be able to pull it in even more if you remove the barrel mounted bipod and use a sand bag for your front rest instead. Anything touching the barrel changes the ressonance of it, this is fine if its a silencer as its consistantly in the same place, however a bipod like that will have different amounts of pressure on it for different shots (dependant on your position) which may well allow for the 2 different groups you have there.

Even so its still a fine group :good:

I didnt know that, will try that when im next out in a few days, thanks for the advice - much appreciated :good:

If you look the lads shooting long range rifle (its called F-class here in Ireland) they all use bench rests rather than bi-pods. Don't know what that says about bi-pods but if they are shooting a 3-4 inch bull at 600 meters the nthey must know something.