Pain in the..

Tony9r

Difficult to tell without seeing you but the problem could be that your having to press your cheek too firmly on the stock as there isn't enough drop, hence getting the bruising. But if your sure the gunfit is fine then

I could be that your mounting the gun to high in your shoulder

Or your head isn't at a natural level when shooting (i.e your cheek is resting over the top of the stock ) hence when you fire the gun kicks up and you get boshed.

Someone with more knowledge will be along shortly i'm sure :good:

I get exactly the same thing and was thinking that it was because the stock was lsightly too short, causing the gun to come back a bit with the recoil and then kick up.

However, I really do need a gun fitting session to work out exactly what is up with it.

The stock is either cast over to the wrong side for you...or your technique is slightly amiss. :lol:

If the stock is cast to whatever hand you are then you could be pulling in in abit too tightly........when mounting there should be very little movement in the head.....just a smooth mount with fleshy part of your cheek only just touching the stock :good:

Your gun fit is wrong, simple as that I am afraid. Sounds like length and or comb height.

When I shoot guns that don't fit me I get a sore and red cheek and sometimes I get a big green bruise come up on my shoulders.

Guns that fit me - I can (and do) shoot them all weekend - shot last Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday with the F3 and felt fine.

But those holes look so inviting!!!

After a session at the clay range, I end up looking like someone has smacked me in the face and I get a _slight_ bruise on my shoulder. Cast looks fine on my gun but I do press down a lot to get good sight picture (i.e. minimal comb), so this may be the problem. However, as I have got used to shooting like this (i.e. flat and the shot hitting where I look) it's going to be hard work to get out of the habit.

Basically, I need a fitting and sooner or later, I am going to have to pay for it!