Nissan Qashqai seat covers

Bobba

A quick curiosity survey if I may

Has anyone, or their friends, experienced problems with Nissan Qashqai seat covers? I think they are **** as is Nissan’s pricing for replacement covers.

My Qashqai is Nov 2007 registered with only 75,000 miles on the clock. About 3 mths ago the drivers seat cover started to show serious signs of wearing through and the foam under the cover was collapsing.

On enquiry Nissan main dealer wanted £600 for the seat and back cover (One set) and £300 for one foam set. Yes, £900 Excl labour to repair one seat.

I managed to locate a good Car Trimmer in the city. They located a passenger seat same fabric from a write-off which the breakers had removed with a stanley knife! Plus the seat foam rubber.The Trimmer stitched new side panels and fitted within a day. A really Professional job. Delighted.Total cost? Really pleased at £180.00.

And, when I went to pick up my car there in the yard was another Qashqai, 3 years younger than mine, and it required both front seats to be repaired! Hence this curiosity Survey