laid barley and a beretta 692 X trap hi-rib 1/7/2016

Guest stevo

Guest stevo

i love shooting the hi rib guns , the DT11 and the 692 X trap share the same B-fast stocks and ribs , i have used my for everything and seem to get on very well with it , I got dragged into a round of sporting the other week and shot a 67/75 with it , i love the way your able to keep your eye on the target , and the head up position in just great IMO , its not for everyone , however I'm yet to find someone that's had a go to say they didn't like it , I'm also seeing a lot more hi-ribs on the clay grounds now days and being used for all sorts of disciplines ,

and if you was to go abroad to shoot trap with a flat rib gun you would most certainly be the odd one out , that's for sure

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The DT11 is a solid performer. It is absolute ace for shooting skeet and sporting. If I had gone for tha DT11 with the adjustable comb and adjustable high rib then the gun would have had the versatility to shoot all the trap disciplines as well. The only downside for me was the weight of the gun, despite it being very well balanced. The Sporter has livelier handling but I am sure that I would have adapted to the feel of the higher ribbed gun in time.

Really enjoyed that; thanks for posting. I am itching to get back into a hide with a gun.

I had a lovely Winchester 8500 Trap choked full and extra full with a stepped rib ( not as high as that on your gun obviously ) which I managed to kill pigeons with but not as consistently as I do with a conventional sporting rib, and even though I loved the gun I eventually and reluctantly sold it to my nephew. He uses it for English Sporting and simulated game days and him and his mates recently came third in a simulated game comp' somewhere over the Pennines. He used the 8500 to great effect and smokes them way out there, and is much better with it than I ever was. He loves it and has nicknamed it 'the tank'. He has also pulled off some amazing shots with it from a hide.

I would dearly love another 8500 but it would have to be 'sporterised' to suit me.

Some fine shooting there; good video.