HEADS UP CLASSIC NOSTALGIA ENGLISH SPRINGER AIR RIFLES FOR SALE (Hertf

oldypigeonpopper

hello, to all those interested in the above check out on GUN WATCH air rifles top ad, some nice examples of early rifles in working order and scopes BSA / WEBLEY etc seller is graham brock an RFD in Harpenden Herts if interested give him a mail or phone call, he is a nice man to deal with and seen these rifles my self.

Funny how the word "classic" creeps into the equation when people try to sell older guns. I would suggest that the FWB 124/7, the HW35 export and the B55 (BSF) would wear the classic crown of that era ? Guns like the Hawk were simply out classed by most things Germanic and were little more than a shot of Morphine to our dying Gun trade.

And there was me thinking I had the "oldest springer in town",oldypigeonpopper :rolleyes: . I'm 54 and my first was a Relum at the tender age of 13, we were not a rich family and most of my mates had new Mercurys - one had an Original 35 and he was a God to us. My gun was a source of much amusement however as parts frequently detached themselves but were replaced by nails or self tapping screws and in this state she served me well.

We were shooting at pigeons in a Layby next to a main road early one morning (imagine trying that nowadays) when the very first car to come round the corner was a Police car who saw us and promptly pulled over. My gun was the only one out at the time so I was centre of attention. I explained, in a shaky voice, that I was not actually shooting but had heard something fall out of my gun case and upon looking I had noticed that the pin on the cocking arm had fallen off and that we were all searching for it - after showing the officer the ,now useless, gun he ,in turn, spent the next 10 minutes helping us look for it. After a while he left and my mates all agreed that it was a shame that I could not go with them for the rest of the shoot...."poppycock" (or a similar word) I said and reached into my pocket to fetch the pin that I had quickly removed and put in there as soon as I had seen the Police car :yahoo: ....sometimes it's handy to have a gun that falls apart :good: .

And there was me thinking I had the "oldest springer in town",oldypigeonpopper :rolleyes: . I'm 54 and my first was a Relum at the tender age of 13, we were not a rich family and most of my mates had new Mercurys - one had an Original 35 and he was a God to us. My gun was a source of much amusement however as parts frequently detached themselves but were replaced by nails or self tapping screws and in this state she served me well.

We were shooting at pigeons in a Layby next to a main road early one morning (imagine trying that nowadays) when the very first car to come round the corner was a Police car who saw us and promptly pulled over. My gun was the only one out at the time so I was centre of attention. I explained, in a shaky voice, that I was not actually shooting but had heard something fall out of my gun case and upon looking I had noticed that the pin on the cocking arm had fallen off and that we were all searching for it - after showing the officer the ,now useless, gun he ,in turn, spent the next 10 minutes helping us look for it. After a while he left and my mates all agreed that it was a shame that I could not go with them for the rest of the shoot...."poppycock" (or a similar word) I said and reached into my pocket to fetch the pin that I had quickly removed and put in there as soon as I had seen the Police car :yahoo: ....sometimes it's handy to have a gun that falls apart :good: .

That made oi lafff :lol::lol::lol:

Also agree on the FWB ;) Just saw on up at £450 the other day

hello bruno, we use to get into all sorts of trouble but then it was a clip round the ear by the local bobby and wait till i tell your dad :rolleyes: yes we use to fix em the same, oh those were the days, i got more safety wise when i got a S/S hammer 410 cheers

Oh Dear - I was even worse with a .410 SxS Hammergun that I bought from an elderly lady for £3 - she knew I did not have a licence but was happy to sell it me once she had removed the firing pins. 20 minutes with a pair of pliers, a Hacksaw and a file and I was up and running. A mate of mine used to "borrow" 12g cartridges from his Dad and we would strip them down and reload the handful of .410 shells that we had - we used toilet paper as a Wad and Copydex glue to hold the shot in. We roamed freely for miles with that little gun and it accounted for many Rabbits over the months until one day we tried shooting Ducks with it on a river several miles away. After our very first shot (one Mallard dead) a Police car appeared from nowhere and the game was up. At the tender age of 13 I was charged with no licence, purchasing ammunition under age and 13 separate charges of armed trespass - my Dad was not a happy chap I can tell you but every cloud as they say - as the Police car took us home I found a £5 note on the floor in the back and popped it in my pocket and a couple of weeks later I bought a BSA Snipe single 12 :whistling:

Oh Dear - I was even worse with a .410 SxS Hammergun that I bought from an elderly lady for £3 - she knew I did not have a licence but was happy to sell it me once she had removed the firing pins. 20 minutes with a pair of pliers, a Hacksaw and a file and I was up and running. A mate of mine used to "borrow" 12g cartridges from his Dad and we would strip them down and reload the handful of .410 shells that we had - we used toilet paper as a Wad and Copydex glue to hold the shot in. We roamed freely for miles with that little gun and it accounted for many Rabbits over the months until one day we tried shooting Ducks with it on a river several miles away. After our very first shot (one Mallard dead) a Police car appeared from nowhere and the game was up. At the tender age of 13 I was charged with no licence, purchasing ammunition under age and 13 separate charges of armed trespass - my Dad was not a happy chap I can tell you but every cloud as they say - as the Police car took us home I found a £5 note on the floor in the back and popped it in my pocket and a couple of weeks later I bought a BSA Snipe single 12 :whistling:

oh those were the days :lol: