Block paving sealer recommendation

Doc Holliday

Morning all! I'm on the hunt for a block paving sealer. Having done a bit of research I've decided on using a polyurethane one over an acrylic one. Resiblock seem to be the market leader and, as a consequence, have a fairly hefty price tag but then if you break that down over the five year retreatment, which they say is the interval, it probably isn't so bad. Maybe I'm just getting tight in my advancing years.

There is another make, smart seal. Again, it's a PU sealer but it seems they only have a retreatment intwrval of two years.

Any recommendations for this would be most welcome.

I also have a 10mm shingle border that edges the paving and wonder if either if these are suitable to 'bind' the stones together. I will consult the manufacturer but if anyone can also recommend something on that front too, again, I'd be mist grateful.

Doc

There is a product which is a spray on UV stabilised glue.....you clean and rake the shingle pat it level with a flat board then spray the glue on............it does leave a very shiny gloss finish....have used it many years ago in public spaces ...as it cant be scrabled up and thrown but still allows drainage.....ideally the ground beneath it needs preparation...either HBFM..(haudraulically bound foundation material....if its clay...or concrete stabilised...if less than 14% clay.........the least you could get away with would to lay a weed barrier.........

Thanks Ditchman. Sounds like that could be the stuff I'm after. Can you remember the brand? The shingle edging is only about 100mm wide and covers the mortar schamfer laid by the guys who laid the block work to hold it in. I didn't want a raised soldier course but the loose shingle gets dirty but it's solid, as opposed to bare earth.

Thanks Ditchman. Sounds like that could be the stuff I'm after. Can you remember the brand? The shingle edging is only about 100mm wide and covers the mortar schamfer laid by the guys who laid the block work to hold it in. I didn't want a raised soldier course but the loose shingle gets dirty but it's solid, as opposed to bare earth.

cant for the life of me remember the product name......call one of the builders merchants and ask...they must supply it to various councils......