60 on second hybrid rye stubble field

Checked field I shot last Thurs and numbers had picked up again yesterday (Monday). Planned to go again this afternoon as slurry tanker is due on tomorrow, I was delayed at work so not out until 2:30. Called in to see farmer and he didn't want me on the field as close to farm house and he has a gun shy dog that was stressed out when I shot it last week. So I went to look at another field, called in at the first field near the farm and already full of pigeons (300+) and good traffic .... shouldn't have looked .... went on to next best option and about 100 birds on field and reasonable traffic in. Decided to set up against a hedge with wind from behind at an angle to the hedge. Got set up quickly, already late (3 pm) and no dead birds so started with 16 half-shelled decoys in two groups, soon had a couple down and on two flappers at front of pattern. Had two good flightlines from wood on left and wood in front and a few whizzing in from the right on the wind. Lot of easy shots of birds coming straight in to the wind but had some sport on second shots of birds flaring off left or right. Had to pack up at 6 pm but traffic had slowed by then. Finished with 60 woodies, 1 feral and 1 jay for 120 shots in 3 hours .... so a nice short session for a second best option.

Well worth looking out for any wholescrop cereal stubbles. This farm has three and all have had enough pigeon traffic to be worth setting up on.

Well done nice bag for 120 shots. Might have been worthwhile putting out some flags on the unshootable field?

Doubt it as the fields are a good distance apart and more likely to move to neighboring winter barley .... not ideal for farmer. And when I drive round these fields lifting them off the field they just float round to another area of field so unlikely to keep off unless covered in 100s of bags